Autism Community Network (ACN) is a nonprofit, 501©3 agency serving Bexar and surrounding counties. Our mission is to maximize the potential of children with autism by providing early diagnosis for those with limited access and educating and empowering the community to support them.
Our major programs are as follows:
- Clinical Diagnostic Program-Improving access to medical care for under-served children in South/Central Texas for whom autism is suspected.
- Caregiver Empowerment Program-Support for parents and caregivers of individuals living with autism. Through this program, ACN offers free classes equipping families with the educational knowledge and skills necessary for them to connect with, and educate, their children.
- Therapy-ACN offers therapy in a variety of modalities (speech, occupational, PACT/DIRFloortime) and consultation with our Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
- Training and Education-Providing education and training for autism service providers in order to elevate the standard of care for children with autism in our community.
- Awareness, Outreach, and Collaboration-ACN’s awareness and outreach program educates and empowers family members, caregivers, and the community at-large to support individuals affected by autism spectrum disorder.